Initiatives to Maintain and Promote Employee Health
Our Group Management Philosophy commits us “to contribute to the security, health, and wellbeing of our customers and society as a whole by providing insurance and related services of the highest quality possible.” To that end we implement various health maintenance and promotion initiatives at our Group companies, in recognition of the importance of ensuring health of our employees and their families.
- Follow-up after medical checkups with persons who have identified risks (special health guidance, prevention of deterioration of diabetes conditions)
- Medical checkups for employees’ dependents
- Anti-smoking strategies (assistance with medical costs, stop-smoking classes, closure of some smoking areas)
- Workstyle innovations (telecommuting, shift work, etc.)
- Distribution of wearable activity-monitoring devices to all employees (Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Himawari Life)
- Regular provision of information to boost employee health awareness
Five Group companies have been recognized as a 2017 Certified Health and Productivity Management Organization in the large enterprise category (White 500) by Japan’s Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and Nippon Kenko Kaigi:
- Sompo Holdings, Inc.
- Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc.
- Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Himawari Life Insurance, Inc.
- Sompo Risk Management & Health Care Inc.
- Sompo Business Services, Inc.
We are making use of resources such as the support services for health and productivity management offered by Sompo Risk Management & Health Care to continually assess the results and verify the effectiveness of our initiatives. We use the findings of our reviews to address a variety of health-related issues of our Group companies, as well as to maintain and further advance the health of employees and their families.