Key Financial Indicators
Download key financial indicators(XLS/33KB)
1) Net loss ratio = (Net claims paid + Loss adjustment expenses) / Net premiums written
2) Net operating expenses ratio = (Net commissions and brokerage fees + Operating, general and administrative expenses related to underwriting) / Net premiums written
3) Return on investments (income base) = interest and dividend income (including amounts which correspond to interest and dividend income of investment gains and losses on money trusts)
/ average balances of investment assets based on the cost or the amortized cost
4) Investment return (realized base) = (Investment income + Interest and dividend income on deposits of premiums, etc. - Investment expenses) / average balances of investment assets based on the cost or the amortized cost
5) In the non-consolidated solvency margin ratios presented above, the figures for FY2010 and before and the figures for FY2011 and later are calculated on a different basis, reflecting the law revision concerning the standards for the calculation of solvency margin ratio that was enforced at the end of FY2011.
6) Diluted net income per share for FY2010 and FY2011 are not shown due to net loss per share and non-existence of dilutive shares. Diluted net income per share for FY2012 and FY2013 are not shown due to non-existence of dilutive shares.
7) Return on equity = Net income / Net assets (average balance at the end/start of each fiscal year)