Build a “Theme park for the security, health and wellbeing of customers”
Our goal is to evolve into a “theme park for the security, health, and wellbeing of customers.” To this end, based on the theme of “security, health, and wellbeing of customers,” we will bring happiness to our customers’ lives by developing a wide range of businesses beyond the boundaries of insurance, harnessing digital technologies, and providing the highest-quality services to customers while constantly remaining by their side.
Strategy to realize our vision
We will rigorously enhance the appeal of each business, in conjunction with implementing measures such as upgrading and expanding services leveraging digital technologies, strengthening our customer contact, and forming partnerships among businesses. To provide customers with high-quality services at an even earlier stage, we will actively work to form partnerships with major players, and accelerate growth and explore new business opportunities through M&A activity. Through these and other actions, we will continuously refine our total services for customers in anticipation of changes in our customer base, with the aim of building and evolving “a theme park for the security, health and wellbeing of customers.”
In the Mid-Term Management Plan’s first fiscal year, fiscal 2016, adjusted consolidated profit and adjusted consolidated ROE surpassed targets as a result of steady efforts in each business.
Also, we completed a variety of initiatives, including the acquisition of Sompo International (formerly Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd.), the establishment of business foundations for the nursing care business, the establishment of SOMPO Digital Lab with a view to embarking upon a full-fledged digital strategy, and the introduction of a Business Owner system to facilitate prompt, flexible decision-making. We will continue steadily implementing measures under the Mid-Term Management Plan to realize our vision as early as possible.
Initiatives for building “a theme park for the security, health and wellbeing of customers” in each business
Domestic P&C Insurance Business
Value-generating innovation – be the most highly evaluated P&C insurance company –
- Reform business processes and system infrastructure
- Establish customer contact points that integrate digital and personnel capabilities
- Achieve growth accompanied by quality
Domestic Life Insurance Business
Evolve into health support enterprise– the second founding –
- Evolve into a health support enterprise
- Establish a business model that seamlessly integrates products, services, and sales
Nursing Care & Healthcare Business
Realize “Japan, an affluent country that can boast to the world of a long and quality life.”
- Provide safe and reliable nursing care services while simultaneously ensuring the
dignity and independence of the elderly
- Offer a one-stop service comprising insurance, nursing care, and healthcare
Overseas Insurance Business
Accelerate growth by steady organic growth and disciplined M&A
- Build truly integrated global insurance platform in the corporate field
- Achieve organic growth in the retail field that exceeds the market average
【Plan for the Group】
- In the future, we aim to execute the Medium-Term Management Plan to attain a business scale (adjusted consolidated profit of \300.0 billion or more) and capital efficiency (adjusted consolidated ROE of 10% or more) on par with the top 10 global publicly listed insurance companies.
- We will set ranges for our quantitative management targets for FY2018, the midway point of the Medium-Term Management Plan. Looking beyond the growth of various business departments, we will make steady strides to realize our future aspirations for the Group by pushing ahead with M&A activity, new business models driven by digital strategies, and cooperation between businesses.
In November 2017, the Group revised business forecasts for FY2017 to adjusted consolidated profit of 195.0 billion yen and adjusted consolidated ROE of 7.6%.
* For details regarding ROE,please refer to the link below.
Definition of Adjusted Consolidated Profit, Etc.（PDF/187KB）