Sompo Holdings Group's Commitment to Compliance
The Group aims to be a corporate group trusted by society by providing customers with the highest-quality services and absolute peace of mind. To this end, the Group conducts appropriate corporate activities in compliance with laws, regulations, other applicable rules, societal norms and corporate ethics, based on a constant recognition of public mission and social responsibility of various business segments.
Sompo Holdings Group Basic Policy on Compliance (Overview)
The Sompo Holdings Group shall observe relevant laws, regulations and other rules in accord with the following policies, conducting corporate activities in line with societal norms and corporate ethics.
- Commitment to compliance as a fundamental prerequisite to business conduct
The Sompo Holdings Group shall recognize that gains obtained by neglecting compliance lack sustainability and shall put compliance as the fundamental prerequisite to business conduct.
- Nurture and enhancement of a compliance-oriented mindset among officers and employees
The Sompo Holdings Group shall nurture and enhance a compliance-oriented mindset among officers and employees so that they act in accord with laws, regulations, rules, societal norms and corporate ethics.
- Planned action towards thorough compliance
The Sompo Holdings Group shall recognize that continual endeavor is required for thorough compliance and shall act on deliberate plans towards it.
- Early problem detection and prompt resolution
Sompo Holdings Group companies shall establish systems to detect compliance-related problems in the course of business at an early stage and deal with them promptly and appropriately.
Sompo Holdings Group Compliance Code of Conduct
Officers and employees of The Sompo Holdings Group companies conduct themselves in accordance with the following Code of Conduct, which is based on the Sompo Holdings Group Basic Policy on Compliance.
- Act with integrity and good sense in compliance with laws and rules and company rules, and in accord with societal norms and corporate ethics.
- Refrain from conduct unduly detrimental to the company's interests.
- Always act based on a clear distinction between public and private.
- Act in accord with common sense without improperly giving or accepting money, gifts, hospitality or other personal benefits.
- Adequately safeguard and refrain from divulging confidential information and customer information acquired during the course of duty.
- Adequately safeguard nonpublic material information acquired in the performance of duties and refrain from using such information in managing company or personal assets or in other personal financial activities (insider trading).
- Take appropriate action in response to other personnel's compliance infractions without overlooking or concealing them.
- Respond organizationally and with firm resolve to antisocial forces that threaten the safety and order of civil society.
- Act with respect for people in all situations, never discriminating against or harassing anyone.